Sunday, October 1, 2017

If You Care



The broad stiff smile that comes not from deep inside but stays on the face, mask-like and inept. Smile because you can't help yourself, not because you think I want you to. I don't.

The fake laugh eclipses all false expression. You, a mere mortal should not attempt this. Your real laugh is something I could live on, like food and water. This artifice is nails on a blackboard.

Lean into the boredom and lull that comes up while you are with me. I'm not a glutton for attention like the others.

I notice everything, whether I want to or not.

Help me out with my curse. I'd rather you were just naked with me.


From the archives:
Command Center

2 comments:

  1. I love this one, Karen. I notice everything too. This is perfect.

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete